Elevation: 7171' MSL
Runway: 9/27, 6000 x 120'
AWOS: 124.175 (505-662-8423)
FSS: 122.2 (ABQ Radio)
Approach: 132.8 (ABQ Center)
Lat/Lon: 35°52'47.28"N 106°16'09.89"W
Two-Way Radio Communication REQUIRED!
- a message from the local Los Alamos flight instructors on the hazards associated with flying in/out of the Los Alamos Airport.
All Landings on Rw 27 - Regardless of Wind Conditions
- Remain east of the Rio Grande river until established on a 5 mile final.
- DO NOT overfly the community of White Rock - noise sensitive area.
- Fly a straight-in approach from over the river.
Go Around & Aborted Landings:
- Right turn as soon as speed and altitude permit prior to the approach end of rw 27.
- DO NOT overfly Los Alamos townsite. Noise sensitive areas immediately west of airport.
- Make right traffic, turn final over the "Y".
- No touch and go landings!
VFR APPROACH/DEPARTURE MAP
All Departures on Rw 09 - Regardless of Wind Conditions
For noise abatement, no run ups west of the Terminal Building.
Turn left or right 45° (heading 045° or 135°) as soon as speed, altitude, and airspace restrictions permit.